Our SAP Basis Services
SAP customers need real-time insight into their system for continuous management, performance, security, and technical readiness of operations such as upgrade and/or migration.
Our premium assessment services package covers all these requirements.
Why Assessment Services?
Assessment services are group of premium services provided by KochaSoft’s senior consultants to assist customer infrastructure. These services have been provided themselves in many long-term relationships with new partners and customers.
Following below are our premium assisting services provided by senior consultants with more than eight years of experience:
- SAP HEALTHCheck
- SAP CAPACITYCheck
- SAP PERFORMANCECheck
- SAP SECURITYCheck
- SAP ARCHIVINGCheck
- SAP UPGRADECheck
- SAP MIGRATIONCheck
KochaSoft’s IT Infrastructure Approach Is Simplified IT
To achieve simplified IT, we provide security & availability & performance for SAP Solutions in order to manage sustainable IT infrastructures.
KochaSoft invests internally on new ways of optimizing IT such as virtualization and cloud computing to understand and provide customers with efficient solutions. Currently, KochaSoft provides the following design and installation services:
- Capacity Planning, Sizing, and Configuration Services for SAP
- SAP Virtualization and Consolidation
- Cloud Computing
- SAP Solution Installations on all Supported Platforms (OS + DB)
- SAP Business Suite Applications (e.g. ERP, CRM, SCM, SRM, …)
- SAP NetWeaver Solutions (e.g. Portal, PI, BW, BPM, ESS&MSS, …)
- SAP BusinessObjects Solutions (e.g. BI Suite, GRC, DataServices, …)
- Sybase Products (e.g. Unwired Platform, Afaria, Sybase ASE, …)
- SAP Solution Manager 7.x and Scenarios
- SAP TAO, SAP TDMS
- SAP BCM
Due to multiple ongoing projects, customers need to simulate the effects of support patches, implement new modules, and support development on the production system. Although the hardware vendors provide system/database copy tools with their hardware – complex SAP environments require additional pre- and post-tasks to achieve this. Major pain points are:
- Complete landscape copies (ERP, CRM, BW, Portal)
System Copy Service
Copying a production SAP solution is a common requirement to simulate and review effects of:
- New patches,
- New developments,
- New customizing,
- SAP data archiving projects,
- Release upgrade projects
- Platform migration projects
KochaSoft has strong and proven knowledge to operate AS ABAP and AS Java or dual-stack-based systems. This allows us to easily copy many kinds of systems and environments.
SAP tools like TDMS helps you to copy a subset of your production system for QA to a test system or for unit tests on a development system.
KochaSoft has more than 12 years of out-tasking experience. We’re working with more than 15 customers on:
- Periodic Monitoring and Reporting (1day/week, 2days/month,4days/month) with or without SLA
- Full-time Operational Onsite or Remote Support (KochaSoft technical staff hosted on customer site or working remotely on workdays) with SLA
- On-Demand Support (No SLA)
- SAP System Administration for Outsourced Systems (with/without SLA)
Platform Migration «Copying an SAP System WHILE changing Operating System and/or Database»
KochaSoft platform migration service includes design and implementation that help accelerate the journey to a more efficient and reliable infrastructure with minimal downtime. Our migration service covers the following:
- Support for the decision of choosing a platform that meets your business requirements
- Planning the migration to provide a smooth transition for end users
- Designing the new infrastructure including the option of virtualization
- Testing the migration on production copy to minimize risks on production system
- Migrating the production system with minimal downtime
- Creating or updating system infrastructure document
- Conduct a delta system administration workshop for your new platform
What Do We Offer?
The following lists the migration capabilities our certified consultant services provide:
- OS/DB Migration of AS ABAP, AS JAVA or Dual Stack Systems
- Unicode Migration of AS ABAP, AS JAVA or Dual Stack Systems
- Physical to Virtual Migration of AS ABAP, AS JAVA or Dual Stack Systems
Today’s organizations are facing unprecedented and multifarious challenges: Increased competition, globalization, and regulations are driving organizations to continuously seek new solutions that can improve their business performance.
- Avoid «End of Support»
- Enable new functionality
- Meet compliance requirements
- Optimize landscape
SAP Release Upgrade Service
By upgrading, you can improve business processes, leverage existing IT assets, and boost productivity and profitability. You can also better manage a cost-effective and low-risk upgrade project, optimize returns on your IT investments, and achieve a smooth transition to a new solution environment.
What Do We Offer?
Our consultants can work with you to upgrade your IT landscape – so that you can effectively perform upgrade:
- Analyze the existing systems by means of software and hardware for upgrade
- Consider SAP data archiving before upgrade
- Consider migration and/or virtualization
- Re-size the network, storage, and server infrastructure
- Collaborate with functional upgrade team
- Estimate cost and effort
- Define and allocate project and team resources
- Mitigate risk and verify quality
- Access the resources and skills for realizing upgrades
- Conduct delta system administration workshop
- Update system infrastructure document
From computer viruses to denial-of-service attacks, to theft of customer information, security threats have never been greater. And the value of your information assets is only increasing.
Security is required for:
- Protection of intellectual property
- Legal issues and contracts
- Trust relationship to business partners
- Continuous business operations
- Protection of image
- Correctness of data
SAP Security Tools
The SAP NetWeaver platform is based on a state-of-the-art security infrastructure, including network and communications security, auditing capabilities, as well as web services security capabilities. In addition, two dedicated security solutions focus on the specific challenges customers are faced with in heterogeneous IT landscapes are:
- SAP NetWeaver Identity Management
- SAP NetWeaver Single Sign-On
What Do We Offer?
- Design of security architecture, and naming conventions and processes in compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Design and development of SAP security roles/activity groups
- Streamlining of processes and optimization of overall security administration procedures
- Setup and administration of user-IDs, including the usage of the central user administration (CUA)
- SAP NetWeaver identity management implementation
- SAP single-sign-on services
From computer viruses to denial-of-service attacks to theft of customer information, security threats have never been greater. And the value of your information assets is only increasing.
Security is required for;
- Protection of Intellectual Property
- Legal Issues and Contracts
- Trust Relationship to Business Partners
- Continuous Business Operations
- Protection of Image
- Correctness of Data
What Is Virtualization?
Virtualization, in computing, is the creation of a virtual (rather than actual) version of something, such as a hardware platform, operating system, a storage device or network resources.
SAP supports virtual environments on all supported platforms listed within SAP Note 1492000.
For supported Cloud Environments, please check SAP Note 1380654.
What Do We Offer?
KochaSoft has in-house and customer experience with the following virtual environments:
- VMware ESX 3.x/4.x
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Solaris Zone
- IBM Dynamic LPAR and Micro Partitioning for iSeries and AIX
- Amazon EC2 Cloud Environment
We can migrate all physical SAP installations into virtual environments supported by SAP.
Currently, we support 10+ customers using virtual environments for their SAP installations.
The SAP application generates a significant amount of data, and this increases with every new release. The growth of the SAP database is generally reflected by a reduction of system performance, but in addition there are additional strains placed on the system management resources and processes, and even costs.
Currently only about 30% of the current SAP customers worldwide keep their database growth under control by archiving data and in turn keep their SAP systems in peak performance.
SAP Data Archiving
Data archiving powered by SAP NetWeaver provides:
- System Availability
- Use of Resources
- Better Performance
- Legal Compliance
What Do We Offer?
Our data archiving service focuses on the implementation of individually-designed archiving projects that are best suited for our customers. We develop and implement solutions that makes mass documentation and data archiving easy.
- Analysis of SAP system to Define the Content and Plan of an Archiving Project
- Data Archiving for ERP Systems
- Data Archiving for CRM Systems
- Data Archiving for PI Systems
SAP Document Archiving
Document archiving in SAP involves the creation and management of electronic documents relating to SAP business objects. These documents can either be created in electronic format, or converted to an electronic format via scanning of paper documents. The management and use of these documents can be further enhanced using SAP Business Workflow or SAP DMS.
With SAP Solution Manager, you can be sure your entire SAP solution environment is performing at its maximum potential. The toolset addresses your entire IT environment, supporting SAP and non-SAP software and covering current and forthcoming SAP solutions. And, as a customer of SAP, you have full access to the core SAP Solution Manager for no extra charge.
SAP Solution Manager
The current version of SAP Solution Manager is SAP Solution Manager 7.1
SAP Solution Manager provides an extensive set of features in the IT support area for enhancing, automating, and improving the management of SAP systems:
- Solution Documentation
- Solution Implementation
- Template Management
- Test Management
- Change Control Management
- Application Incident Management
- Technical Operations (E2E RCA, Central Alert,…)
- Business Process Operations
- Maintenance Management
- Landscape Transformation
- Upgrade Management
- Installation Keys
- Early Watch Reporting
- Maintenance Optimizer
Is your company tasked with:
- Large and quickly growing SAP systems?
- The need to test and validate in-house developments?
- The challenge to scramble sensitive data?
- Multiple parallel IT projects?
- Demand to simulate new business scenarios?
SAP Test Data Migration Server is a high-speed data extraction tool that populates your development, test, quality assurance, and training systems with SAP business data from your live productive environment. With SAP TDMS you can:
- Reduce data volume
- Simulate production environment
- Automate system refreshes
- Selectively refresh individual clients
- Extract data based on business objects or organizational units/time slice
- Scramble sensitive data
Available Data Extraction Scenarios:
- Refresh of data in development systems
- Build lean project systems – Shell creation
- Build lean project systems – Transfer of master data and customization of data
- Build lean project systems – Time-based reduction
- Standalone data scrambling
- Full transfer of client-specific data
- Data transfer through files for SAP ERP